The software is intended to be simple and a tool to cover the basic fatigue evaluation needed during design of dynamic loaded structures.
The software is created "as is" and is developed in the free time of the contributors.
SimFat can analyze fatigue of different components with different loads, materials, evaluation methods among some features. Hence, reducing the time and effort required to simulate fatigue for 3D components.
The software has been developed with use of different languages, here primary python/Qt for user interphase and pyvista/VTK for 3D visualization.
- Analytical Strength Assessment, FKM Guideline
- Metal Fatigue in Engineering, Second edition; Ralph I. Stephens, Ali Fatemi,Robert R. Stephens, Henry O. Fuchs.
- DNV/GL Recommended Practice - Fatigue design of offshore steel structures (DNVGL-RP-C203)
- Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures - Part 1-9: Fatigue
- ASTM E1049 - Standard Practices for Cycle Counting in Fatigue Analysis